Steps for Success in Email Marketing
- Build a good database and collect useful data. This can be done through careful planning. It also asks the question like ‘what are you going to do with the list of emails you collected?”
- Send timely data with information that’s relevant to your subscribers. People like to read something is relevant to their lives. It is true that you use email marketing as a form of commercial but make sure you have a good presentation. Is the email you are sending useful to your reader?
- Make sure to segment your database. To avoid confusion know where things go so that you will retrieve the relevant information when you need to use them in the future.
- Spam filters are triggered by certain keywords. Words like ‘free’ or ‘you have won’ are examples of keywords that get filtered as spam. Big blocks of shouting letters can trigger spam filter.
- Before you send an email to your client list try to send it to your Yahoo or Gmail(these are good in filtering spam) then you will know if it works or not.
- Send large amount of email from your auto responder but not through your email. It should be kept at a minimum of fewer than twenty for webmail.
- Use emotionally charged titles because people are stimulated to read something that affects them emotionally.
10 Facts About Email Marketing
There is a $44.25 average return for every $1 spent on email marketing investment. Very good ROI.
64% of people claim that they open an email based on the subject line.
Emails opened on tablets and smartphones now account for 66 % of total opens.
$20.5B is the projected worldwide email marketing revenue by 2017.
91% of consumers look at their email at least once each day.
67% of worldwide marketers considered email as the most successful digital marketing strategy.
247 billion emails get sent every day.
In 2013, there have been 3.9 billion email accounts all over the world. It is projected to reach 4.9 billion by 2017.
Consumers receiving email marketing spend 138% more compared to people who did not receive any email promos.
Email is 40 times better compared to Twitter and Facebook when it comes to acquiring new clients.